All About Fees
intelliMortgage never charges fees to close a regular mortgage.
Generally speaking, the following are the only fees most clients ever need to consider:
- Applies if your mortgage is not default insured
- We refund part or all of these fees on most conventional mortgages (see: mortgage appraisal costs)
- Does not apply to most transfers (i.e., when you simply switch lenders with no other change to the mortgage)
- Applies to all purchases and refinances
- Rebates may be available for refinances (see: how much are legal fees)
- Charged by your old lender if you switch to a new lender (see: how much are mortgage discharge fees)
- Lenders charge penalties only if you break an existing closed mortgage before maturity
- We are happy to help you estimate your lender’s penalty
- Applies only if you cancel an approval you requested. Over 99% of people never pay this fee (more info)
For specialized mortgages (which are not arranged online), broker fees can sometimes apply. Examples of such cases include sub-prime lending for folks with weak credit, private mortgages and commercial lending.
For questions about what fees apply to your mortgage, please contact us anytime at firstname.lastname@example.org.