All About Fees
intelliMortgage never charges fees to close a regular mortgage.
Generally speaking, the following are the only fees most clients ever need to consider:
- Applies if your mortgage is not default insured
- We refund part or all of these fees on most conventional mortgages (see: mortgage appraisal costs)
- Does not apply to most transfers (i.e., when you simply switch lenders with no other change to the mortgage)
- Applies to all purchases and refinances
- Rebates may be available for refinances (see: how much are legal fees)
- Charged by your old lender if you switch to a new lender (see: how much are mortgage discharge fees)
- Lenders charge penalties only if you break an existing closed mortgage before maturity
- We are happy to help you estimate your lender’s penalty
- Applies only if you cancel an approval you requested. Over 99% of people never pay this fee (more info)
For specialized mortgages (which are not arranged online), broker fees can sometimes apply. Examples of such cases include sub-prime lending for folks with weak credit, private mortgages and commercial lending (which we don’t offer currently).
For questions about what fees apply to your mortgage, please contact us anytime at email@example.com.