Today's Top Deal
5yr Fixed with LOC
Canada's best 5-yr fixed HELOCGet This Rate
Canada's Best 5-year Fixed With a Line of Credit
If you don't want to think about your mortgage for half a decade, and have 20%+ equity, this special is for you. You'll sleep well knowing your interest costs aren't going anywhere until 2024.
And should you require quick access to funds, this mortgage comes with its own built-in readvanceable line of credit. The prime + 0.50% credit line must be a minimum of 10% of your home value, up to 65%. The rest (up to 70% of your home's value) is in this nationwide-leading 5-year fixed rate.
According to RateSpy.com, a 5-year fixed refinance rate of 2.58% is the most competitive readvanceable mortgage in Canada. But not only that, it affords five full years of security against rising rates, making it ideal for those who may be sensitive to interest cost and/or payment increases.
Unlike many competing deep-discount rates, this mortgage provides outstanding flexibility. It features:
- a fair penalty if you break early (unlike the major banks)
- terrific 20% annual prepayment options, and
- a built-in readvanceable line of credit (which you can use for things like renovations, suitable investments, business use, an emergency fund, or not use it at all).
Note that the rate advertised is based on a $300,000 mortgage. Higher loan amounts enjoy even lower rates, and vice versa.
Who’s Right For This Deal
This mortgage has the benefits of a big bank mortgage, and more. It's designed for someone who:
- needs a new mortgage on a home purchase, or has a mortgage with another lender
- has a loan-to-value (LTV) of 80% or less (Note: Maximum mortgage LTV is 70% but you can add a prime + 0.50% LOC for the other 10%)
- ideally not need to break or increase the mortgage for the next 60 months.
- is financing a home worth less than $1 million dollars
- wants a mortgage no more than $950,000
- has great credit and provable income.
- Comes with a 120-day rate hold
- Is available on purchases of owner-occupied properties, as well as refinances
- Includes flexible 20% annual lump sum prepayment and 20% payment increase privileges
- Links to any bank account for easy electronic payments.
- Is portable with a 90-day port gap, subject to requalification.
- Comes with a no-fee Line of Credit (required for this rate)
- Permits amortizations up to 25 years
- Can be increased later without penalty or legal fees, subject to requalification (min. increase is $10,000).
- Is registered collaterally, thus enabling increases later without legal fees
- Is a special introductory promotion and not applicable to those with existing intelliMortgage approvals.
This offer is available on approved credit and may be subject to change without notice. Other conditions may apply. E&OE.
Have a question? Live chat with our friendly mortgage concierges, or call 800-280-2460 from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. ET (5 p.m. PT).
How It Stacks Up
Today’s top deal should be the best insured 5-year fixed refi rate (up to 70% LTV) in Alberta, B.C. and Ontario. But don’t take our word for it. Compare this deal to others using Canada’s most popular rate shopping tools.