Today's Top Deal
10yr Fixed (Insured only)
A dime for the price of a nickel!Get Approved
A Historically Low Price for a Decade of Certainty
Financial markets forecast additional Bank of Canada rate hikes in 2018. We don't know how many there will be, if any. But the risk is real.
If the risk of higher interest costs doesn't sit well, then know that there is no more stable term than a 10-year fixed.
Of course, many needing that long-term rate security are worried by the additional cost, relative to a 5-year fixed. With this rate, you don't have to be.
According to rate comparison website, RateSpy.com, intelliMortgage's 10-year fixed rate at 3.58% is the most competitive in Canada, and just above the all-time low. In fact, this rate is only 1/3-point above most 5-year bank rates. That's an ultra-small insurance premium for a decade of rate certainty. If you don't want to think about renewing until 2028, there may be no better choice.
And don't forget, if rates start declining and you want to refinance, or you simply want out, you can break this 10-year term after 60 months for only a three-months' interest. That's a powerful option.
Who’s Right For This Deal
This mortgage is for insured borrowers where peace of mind is paramount. You'll know your interest costs and payment for 10 full years.
It's also designed for someone who:
- Is financially conservative
- May need to refinance in the future (the lender offers a great increase option with no penalty)
- Has excellent credit and provable income.
The rate shown is based on a $300,000 mortgage. Higher loan amounts entail even lower rates, and vice versa.
Quick Tip: This promotion is not ideal if you plan to break your mortgage before five years.
- Is available on insured purchases and switches on owner-occupied homes. Rentals and refinances entail a slight premium.
- Note: You need to be putting down less than 20% or have active CMHC or Genworth insurance already.
- Comes with a 120-day rate hold, as well as 20% annual lump sum prepayment and 20% payment increase privileges
- Links to any bank account for easy electronic payments.
- Let's you add an optional line of credit once your loan-to-value is 80% or less
- Provides full portability with a 90-day port gap, subject to re-qualification
- Allows amortizations ranging from 5 to 25 years
- Permits increases (when porting) with the lender's standard penalty built into the new interest rate
- Has a standard non-collateral charge to make switching lenders cheaper and easier at renewal
This offer is available on approved credit and subject to change without notice. Other conditions may apply. E&OE.
Have a question? Live chat with our friendly mortgage concierges, or call 800-280-2460 from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. ET (5 p.m. PT).
How It Stacks Up
Today’s top deal is the best 10-year fixed rate across the country. But don’t take our word for it. Compare this deal to others using Canada’s most popular rate shopping tools.