Today's Top Deal
Canada's best variable for conventional borrowersGet Approved
Lots to Love
For well-qualified borrowers with a financial cushion a variable rate below prime - 1.05% offers tremendous risk/reward. The Bank of Canada would need to hike rates at least 125 basis points for this mortgage to cost you more than a typical 5-year fixed, based on interest cost alone.
Note: The lender for this rate requires 40%+ existing home equity. But intelliMortgage has even lower rates for folks with less than 20% equity (more details).
Who’s Right For This Deal
The rate shown is based on a $300,000 mortgage. Higher loan amounts qualify for even better rates, and vice versa.
Consider this rate if you have:
- The need for a new mortgage on a home purchase or renewal
- A loan-to-value of 60% or less, or a loan-to-value greater than 80% (click here if your LTV is over 80%)
- At least 3-4 months of living expenses saved up
- A minimum credit score of 750
- A better-than-average ability to handle higher payments
- A remaining amortization of 5 to 25 years
- Good credit and provable income.
- A home valued at $999,999.99 or less
- This rate is for purchases and simple lender switches only (no refinances, sorry)
- The rate is guaranteed for 40 days
- Enjoy flexible 20% annual lump sum prepayment privileges and 20% payment increase
- Appraisals are free.
- Optionally lock in your new rate to a longer-term fixed mortgage
- Link to your bank account for easy payments
- Enjoy early breakage with a reasonable 3-month interest charge (some restrictions apply)
- The mortgage has a standard non-collateral charge to make switching lenders cheaper and easier at renewal
- It's portable in the lender's lending area, subject to requalification and certain restrictions
- This offer is available to brand new clients who have not submitted an application in the last 6 months. It is based on approved credit and subject to change without notice.
- Other conditions may apply. E&OE. O.A.C.
Got a question? Live chat with our friendly mortgage concierges, or call 800-280-2460 from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. ET (5 p.m. PT).
How It Stacks Up
Today’s top deal should be the best value in Alberta, BC and Ontario. But don’t take our word for it. Compare this deal to others using Canada’s most popular rate shopping tools.