Today's Top Deal
Canada's best 5-yr fixed refi rateGet Approved
Canada's Best 5-year Fixed Refinance Rate
Need to pull out equity, consolidate debt or renegotiate a mortgage and line of credit? This is rate of the month.
As far as we know, this 5-year fixed refinance rate of 2.38% can't be beat—literally. It's currently the best 5-year fixed refi rate available right across the country, according to RateSpy.com.
A 5-year term provides long-term security against potentially rising rates and is ideal for those who may be sensitive to payment increases.
Who’s Right For This Deal
This mortgage comes with many of the expected benefits of a big bank mortgage, plus more. Consider this rate if you have:
- Need to refinance (if you are purchasing or simply switching lenders, intelliMortgage may be able to offer you even lower rates)
- A $300,000+ mortgage (that is the minimum for this particular offer)
- Great credit and provable income.
- Is a cashback effective rate whereby the contract and payment rate is 2.54%. You then receive a lump-sum of cash after closing equal to the 5-year interest cost savings of the 2.38% rate, for an effective rate of 2.38%.
- Comes with a 120-day rate hold.
- Has flexible 15% annual lump sum prepayment privileges
- Offers a 100% payment increase privilege as well
- Comes with a FREE appraisal if you apply by June 14, 2017
- Comes with FREE legal fees, plus up to a $400 discharge fee rebate, if you apply by June 14, 2017 (a new or existing chequing or savings account with the bank is required.)
- Does not include a blend and increase option. If you need to increase the mortgage before maturity, a discounted penalty will apply and you will receive the current rate at the time.
- Entails a 0.10% surcharge if you choose an amortization over 25 years
- Is a special intelliMortgage promotion for new business. The offer is not available on existing applications. Other conditions may apply. E&OE.
- Is available on approved credit and subject to change without notice.
Got a question? Live chat with our friendly mortgage concierges from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. ET (5 p.m. PT), or call 800-280-2460.
How It Stacks Up
Today’s top deal should be the best refinance rate right across the country. But don’t take our word for it. Compare this deal to others using Canada’s most popular rate shopping tools.