Today's Top Deal
5yr Fixed HR (ON Only)
Canada's best 5-year fixed rate!Get This Rate
Ontario's Best 5-year Fixed Insured Purchase Rate
If you want to sleep well at night knowing your interest costs aren't going anywhere for the next five years, this mortgage is for you.
According to RateSpy.com's review of 5-year terms, this 1.59% rate cannot be beat, literally. But more important, this mortgage provides a half-decade of security against rising rates at the lowest rate in Canada, making it ideal for those who may be sensitive to interest cost and/or payment increases.
The rate advertised is based on a $300,000 insured mortgage. Higher loan amounts entail even lower rates, and vice versa.
Who’s Right For This Deal?
This mortgage has many of the benefits of a big bank mortgage and is designed for someone who:
- is purchasing a home with less than 20% down
- will not need break or increase the mortgage in the next 60 months.
- is buying a home less than $1 million dollars
- wants a mortgage no more than $925,000
- has great credit and provable income.
Due to extreme demand for this leading rate, please allow a minimum of 20 business days to hear back from the lender on approvals and a minimum of 40 days to close. In other words, you should be reasonably well qualified and not need a fast close.
If you want even more flexibility, compare the offerings of every mainstream lender in Canada using intelliMortgage's exclusive Mortgage Builder.
- Is available on purchases in Ontario only
- Comes with a 90-day rate hold, as well as 20% annual lump sum prepayment privileges
- Is portable within Ontario with a 90-day port gap, subject to requalification.
- Permits amortizations up to 25 years
- Can be increased later without penalty or legal fees, subject to requalification
- Has a standard non-collateral charge to make switching lenders cheaper and easier at renewal
- Requires two years of established credit in Canada
- Is a special intelliMortgage promotion for new business. The rate is not available on existing applications.
This offer is available on approved credit and subject to cancellation or change by the lender without notice. Other conditions may apply. E&OE.
Have a question? Live chat with our friendly mortgage concierges, or call 800-280-2460 from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. ET (5 p.m. PT).
How It Stacks Up
Today’s top deal should be the best insured 5-year fixed rate in Ontario. But don’t take our word for it. Compare this deal to others using Canada’s most popular rate shopping tools.