Today's Top Deal
Canada's best uninsured rateGet This Rate
Lots to Love
Rates may be on the rise but for well-qualified borrowers with a financial cushion, a variable rate of prime - 0.93% offers tremendous risk/reward. The Bank of Canada would need to hike rates more than 100 basis points for this mortgage to cost you more than a typical 5-year fixed, based on interest cost alone.
But more than that, this is Canada's best uninsured mortgage rate. That means if you need to refinance or are buying a home over $1 million, this should be the lowest rate you can find.
The rate shown is based on a $300,000 mortgage. Higher loan amounts qualify for even better rates, and vice versa.
Who’s Right For This Deal
Consider this rate if you have:
- The need for a new mortgage on a home purchase or renewal
- The need for a $950,000 mortgage or less
- A loan-to-value of 70% or less (Note: The lender for this rate requires 30%+ existing home equity.)
- At least 3-4 months of living expenses saved up
- A minimum credit score of 700
- A better-than-average ability to handle higher payments
- A remaining amortization of 5 to 25 years
- Good credit and provable income.
- This rate is for purchases, refinances and lender switches
- The rate is guaranteed for 120 days
- Enjoy flexible 20% annual lump sum prepayment privileges and 20% payment increase
- Appraisals are free.
- Optionally lock in your new rate to a longer-term fixed mortgage of three years or more
- Links to your bank account for easy payments
- Includes a readvanceable HELOC (minimum size: $1). Unlike many lenders, there is no monthly HELOC fee.
- Has portability with a 90-day port gap, subject to re-qualification, in selected provinces and for conventional mortgages only.
- Is portable nationally, subject to requalification and certain restrictions
- This offer is available to brand new clients who have not submitted an application in the last 6 months. It is based on approved credit and subject to change without notice.
- Other conditions may apply. E&OE. O.A.C.
Got a question? Live chat with our friendly mortgage concierges, or call 800-280-2460 from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. ET (5 p.m. PT).
How It Stacks Up
Today’s top deal should be the best value in Alberta, B.C. and Ontario. But don’t take our word for it. Compare this deal to others using Canada’s most popular rate shopping tools.