Today's Top Deal
5yr Fixed (ON, AB, BC)
Canada's best 5-yr fixed refi rateGet This Rate
Canada's Best 5-year Fixed Refi Rate if 30%+ Equity
If you don't want to think about your mortgage rate for years, this special is for you. You'll sleep well knowing your interest costs aren't going anywhere until 2024.
According to RateSpy.com, a 5-year fixed refinance rate of 3.53% is the most competitive in Canada for mortgages with a loan-to-value up to 70%. But not only that, it affords five full years of security against rising rates, making it ideal for those who may be sensitive to interest cost and/or payment increases.
Unlike many competing deep-discount rates, this mortgage provides considerable flexibility. It's got a fair penalty, great prepayment options and built-in readvanceable line of credit (which you can use for things like renovations, suitable investments, business use, an emergency fund, or not use all).
Note that the rate advertised is based on a $300,000 mortgage. Higher loan amounts entail even lower rates, and vice versa.
Who’s Right For This Deal
This mortgage has many of the benefits of a big bank mortgage, and more. It's designed for someone who:
- The need for a new mortgage on a home purchase/renewal or refi
- has a loan-to-value of 70% or less (Note: The lender for this rate requires 30%+ existing home equity.)
- will not need break or increase the mortgage for the next 60 months.
- is financing a home worth less than $1 million dollars
- wants a mortgage no more than $950,000
- has great credit and provable income.
Practically the only real feature it doesn't have is the ability to refinance with another lender before your maturity date. Most people don't care about this but if you do, you can compare such mortgages (and the offerings of every mainstream lender in Canada) using intelliMortgage's exclusive Mortgage Builder.
- Is a cashback effective rate whereby you receive a lump-sum of cash after closing, for an effective rate of 3.53%.
- Comes with a 120-day rate hold
- Is available on purchases and switches of owner-occupied properties, as well as refinances
- Includes flexible 20% annual lump sum prepayment and 20% payment increase privileges
- Links to any bank account for easy electronic payments.
- Is portable with a 90-day port gap, subject to requalification.
- Comes with a no-fee Line of Credit (required for this rate)
- Permits amortizations up to 25 years
- Can be increased later without penalty or legal fees, subject to requalification (min. increase is $10,000).
- Has a standard non-collateral charge to make switching lenders cheaper and easier at renewal
- Is a special introductory promotion and not applicable to those with existing intelliMortgage approvals.
This offer is available on approved credit and may be subject to change without notice. Other conditions may apply. E&OE.
Have a question? Live chat with our friendly mortgage concierges, or call 800-280-2460 from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. ET (5 p.m. PT).
How It Stacks Up
Today’s top deal should be the best insured 5-year fixed refi rate (up to 70% LTV) in Alberta, B.C. and Ontario. But don’t take our word for it. Compare this deal to others using Canada’s most popular rate shopping tools.