Today's Top Deal
10 year Fixed - HR
Make this your last mortgage!Get This Rate
A Historically Low Price for Longer Term Security
We almost never promote a 10-year fixed rates. But this promotion is worthy of an exception.
If you don't want to think about your mortgage rate until 2031, or possibly never again if you're within 10 years of paying off your home, this mortgage is for you. Sleep stress-free knowing your interest costs aren't going anywhere for the next decade.
According to rate comparison website, RateSpy.com, CMLS's 10-year fixed rate at 1.98% is the most competitive in Canada. In fact, this rate is equal to most of the big banks' 5-year fixed conventional rates. That's a historically-small insurance premium for a decade of rate certainty.
Note: This offer is based on a $300,000 mortgage and a loan-to-value over 80% (i.e. a "high-ratio" default-insured mortgage). If you have 35% equity or more, click here.
Who’s Right For This Deal?
This mortgage is designed to bring peace of mind to someone who:
- Is financially conservative
- May need to refinance in the future (the lender offers a great increase option with no penalty)
- Has excellent credit and provable income.
The rate shown is based on a min. $300,000 mortgage.
- Is available for purchases and transfers with a loan-to-value of less than 65% or more than 80%
- Comes with a 120-day rate hold, as well as 20% annual lump sum prepayment and 20% payment increase privileges
- After 60 months, there are no dreaded IRD penalties (i.e., Pay off the mortgage early with just a 3-months' interest charge)
- Links to any bank account for easy electronic payments.
- Provides full portability with a 30-day port gap, subject to re-qualification
- Allows amortizations ranging from 12 to 25 years
- Can be increased later without penalty or legal fees, subject to re-qualification
- Has a standard non-collateral charge for easy low-cost switching at maturity.
This offer is available on approved credit and subject to change without notice. Other conditions may apply. E&OE.
Have a question? Live chat with our friendly mortgage concierges, or call 800-280-2460 from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. ET (5 p.m. PT).
How It Stacks Up
Today’s top deal is the best 10-year fixed rate in Alberta, B.C., Ontario, Newfoundland & Labrador and PEI. But don’t take our word for it. Compare this deal to others using Canada’s most popular rate shopping tools.